Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heading Off To Tuscany

Today, we take off from LAX on the new Alitalia nonstop flight to Rome. We are spending a week in Tuscany in a house we rented along with Barry and Laurie. Another Luxury Link auction deal. We may have a problem getting home as Alitalia may stop flying and enter liquidation proceedings. There are worse places to be stranded. And there is an unlimited supply of wine to drink.

Our two kids and one of their sons are coming along. This should be a fun time - sightseeing, wine tasting, wine drinking, and lots of great Italian meals.

I reserved a large minivan to carry us around. I guess that I am the designated bus driver. I'm prepared with my EuroAtlas of Italy and my Touring Club Italiano maps of Tuscany and Lazio. Add in Barry's iPhone with its GPS feature and we shouldn't get lost too many times.

No comments: