Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Long Flight to Nairobi

We FINALLY made it to Nairobi, but my luggage didn't.

Baggage services at Nairobi airport are ridiculous. My lugguge is still at London Heathrow airport along with about 20,000 other pieces of luggage that didn't make the flights with their owners. The staff at Nairobi airport has no idea when (or if) my bag will arrive. BA has two flights a day into Nairobi, so we'll wait to see if it shows up tonight.

Never again are we flying internationally in coach class. It should be renamed "sardine can" class.

But, we made it here, the hotel is very comfortable, and we're off today to our first game reserve in Kenya. For now, I'll rinse out my socks and underwear and use a lot of deodorant. I'll probably smell better than the animals.

No comments: